Thursday 5 September 2013


Childhood memories of Ramadan
Fire crackers, lantern, bombs or fire shots usually and frequently be the hottest issues when Ramadan is appear. This month also make me remember all my childhood moments in the past Ramadan. There were many memories that make me teasing unaccompanied when remember it again. For my readers information, when Ramadan coming, I very lazy to fast because it was the very boring moment to waiting for break fast. This is happen in my childhood memories. The first moment that advise me no to do it again, which is happen when I arriving home from school specifically my primary school. After I reach home, I always noticed myself to go to the refrigerator and took a glass of cooled water inside the refrigerator. Furthermore, on that hot and steamy sunny afternoon, I began to feel suffering of the fast. The emptiness of my tummy, dryness of my tongue and lips, the lazy feeling of having no energy after the school make me feel very thirsty. Gulp. The droplets of condensed water on the bottle looked so huge make me disremember about the fasting. Without my mother realise, in a short time, as fast as possible, without any suspicious, I drink the water that I placed it in my choice glassJ. In the same time, I was afraid to tell my mother that I could not complete my first day. I still remember that at 5 o’clock, with no confused and afraid, I go to met my mother that busy preparing our family fast break. Then, I tell my mother that I not fasting anymore and my mother just smiledJ and congratulated me for having fasted nine hours on my first day of my very first Ramadan.
When Ramadan is coming, the first thing that played in my mind is colourful candle and lantern. A day before the start of Ramadan, my father would take me by the hand and walk me over to shop, at the shop at small corner stand with many lanterns with every shape and size of beautiful Ramadan lantern, which make me very excited to play and have it. Inside the lantern, I find the candle holder in the base and with my request to have it, my father agreed to buy the lantern with a box of coloured candles for me.
Every night after prayer, as fast as possible, I will light a candle and place it inside the lantern, and hang up the lantern in front of my house. Other neighbourhood also place their lantern in front of their house. That is my sweet moment that I have it until now. This is because I do it every Ramadan season. Then, after Iftar time, just a minute or two before the Iftaar, after I finished hang up my lantern, I can see many children would play with their firecracker bombs or fire shots in the air with their toy guns. This situation makes many neighbourhoods feel dissatisfied but its does not affect any sense to them because it is usually happen when the Ramadan is coming. That is all about my childhood memories of Ramadan. Hopes my readers enjoyed with my experience. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment